What are your plans for March Forth? Here are some ideas:
- Finish up those jobs that have been sitting on your "to-do" list for ages
- Pick up trash on your way to check the mail
- Be spontaneous - if you have the urge to do something, don't wait! Do it!
- Take your dog for a walk
- Clean the house (think about Spring Cleaning!)
- Volunteer your time/money
- Do something special for your neighbour
- Kick back and read a good book - perhaps from your local library!
Check out some of the items we have at the library:
"Bake It and Build It", by Elizabeth MacLeod
"Teach Yourself Visually: Knitting and Crocheting", by MaranGraphics Development Group
"The Power of Play: How Spontaneous, Imaginative Activities Lead to Happier, Healthier Children", by David Elkind
"Candy Making for Kids", by Courtney Dial Whitmore
"Almost Astronauts: 13 Women Who Dared to Dream", by Tanya Lee Stone
"Active Kids: Physical Activities for Building Healthy Bodies", by Kathryn Smithyman
"Piano", by Gillian Shepheard
"Bake and Make Amazing Cakes", by Elizabeth MacLeod
"Baths: Dream It. Plan It. Remodel It."
"Know Can Do! Put Your Know-How Into Action", by Ken Blanchard
"Dream Big Little Pig!", by Kristi Yamaguchi
"Get Started in Songwriting", by Sam Inglis
Today is also Courageous Follower Day, National Grammar Day, and Fun Facts About Names Day!
Here are some interesting things that happened on this day in history:
- William Herschel caught his first sighting of the Orion Nebula in 1774
- Johann Wyss, author of "Swiss Family Robinson", was born in 1782
- Abraham Lincoln became the 16th President of the United States in 1861
- The Royal Canadian Yacht Club chartered in Toronto in 1868
- Sherlock Holmes and John Watson worked their first case together, "A Study in Scarlet", in 1881
- "Happy Birthday to You" was published by Claydon Sunny in 1924
- Martin Luther King Jr. announced his plans for Poor People's Campaign in 1968
- RCMP replaced remaining dog teams with snowmobiles in 1969
- Toronto actor John Candy died at 43 of a heart attack while filming "Wagons East" in 1994
Stay tuned for our next "On This Day in History". Don't forget to March Forth and Do Something!