Tuesday, May 3, 2016
We will no longer be maintaining the Sylvan Lake Library general blog. Please follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SylvanLakeMunicipalLibrary/), Twitter (@SylvanLib), Instagram (sylvanlakelibrary) and at our Children's Blog at http://sylvanlakelibrarykids.blogspot.ca/ to stay current on events at Sylvan Lake Municipal Library. Our website address is: http://sylvanlibrary.prl.ab.ca/
Thursday, January 21, 2016
There's a reading challenge coming to a community near you! We want Sylvan Lake to win - and you do too!
#Readfor15Sylvan is a province-wide challenge to bring awareness to literacy. Libraries will compete to see which community reads the most based on population.
ANYONE can participate: moms, dads, neighbours, teachers, business people, and even young children being read to.
From midnight to midnight on Wednesday, January 27th, read for 15 minutes and then report your participation to the Sylvan Lake Municipal Library in one of the following ways:
- Use #Readfor15Sylvan on Twitter or Instagram (we’d love to see photos of you reading as well!)
- Show your civic pride by posting your participation on the Sylvan Lake Municipal Library’s Facebook page
- Go to http://sylvanlibrary.prl.ab.ca/ and complete the web form, available on January 27th only!
- Come to the Library and tell us in person—we’ll have cookies!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 403-887-2130
Help Sylvan Lake win this trophy and bragging rights of being the best-read community in Alberta!