Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Big Read- February Part 1

The Big Read 2013- Heather- February Part 1

Well I had a very good weekend reading wise. Stayed up waaaayyy to late on Saturday reading. I finished 3 books, two were very good and one not. I'll start with the Not.
View full imageS.E.C.R.E.T by L. Marie Adeline. This novel is getting a lot of talk in the media. It is from a Canadian author and is supposed to be the New Fifty Shades.  I did not like it, as far as erotica goes- blah.

Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. This is the second book of a series, I think a trilogy. It is a young adult novel. I really enjoyed it, hence staying up until 8 in the morning to finish.  At the end of the first book Shatter Me I was not so enthused. It seemed like the xmen but this novel was great.  Everyone is talking about Chapter 62- "very sexy" as my friend Monique says. I wonder how long I'll have to wait until the next (last?) book- sigh.

View full image Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor.  This is also the second book of a series, again a trilogy. It is also a young adult novel.  It is an angels and demons book- Seraphim and Chimera, set in world that is connected to Earth through portals.  This is a good series- lots of twists and turns and angst. The first book is called Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

I'll post the books I read at the beginning of the month is a later post.

Enjoying the Challenge.  Keep Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment