Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Big Read- January

The Big Read- January Reads for Heather

This will be a bit of a long post. I'm going to update all my reads for January.  Please take into account I was on vacation and enjoying some super fluff!

Darkness Reborn (Order of the Blade #5)Darkness Reborn by Stephanie Rowe


Darkness Surrendered (Order of the Blade #3)Darkness Surrendered by Stephanie Rowe
These are from her Order of the Blade series.  They are a lot like JR Wards series The Black Dagger Brotherhood.  Romance with a paranormal twist. I didn't get these through the library, bought them on my ipad.

The Vanishing Act

The Vanishing Act by Mette Jakobsen, is available as an interlibrary loan.  This book had great reviews but it made me mad. I can't stand little whispers that are never revealed!







View full imageThe Unnaturalists by Tiffany Trent. This is a young adult book. It is steampunk, which is a cross between the victorian age and the future. Pretend oil was never discovered. Got to love steampunk. Science is a religion in this rendition.  There will be a second book.







View full imageIced by Karen Marie Moning.  This is a new series following the completion of her Fever series. The world is the same but the main character is Dani O'Malley.  I really like Karen Marie Moning, although this book is a little creepy, the 14 year old protagonist is being scoped out by way older men- yuck.  Maybe she'll magically age as it is a book about the fae.






View full imageRebel Heart by Moira Young.  This is the second book of the Dustlands series.  It is a dystopian young adult book. They are worth reading.







View Item Details

View full imageView full image

Crescendo, Silence and Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick. The is a four book series called Hush Hush.  It is a young adult series.  I've read better but once I start I always feel I need to finish the series.  That explains why I'm still reading Anita Blake, Ha.
View full image The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde. Again this is a young adult book.  I love Jasper Fforde and have his newest Thursday Next book in my to read pile.  This is the start of a series. It is set in England as most of his work is. There is also a little bit of dystopian thrown in, most of his books feature that as well.  He is an excellent author but very unique. Try him out.

View full imageUnder the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. Yet another young adult book set in a dystopian world.  The second of this trilogy is just out, have that waiting on my to read pile as well.  This is set after an environmental catastrophe where there are people living underground in sealed pods and the above people who are trying to make it living on the surface.  No magic in this series. It is good, give it a try.






View full imageShatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. Young adult. This part of a series, a trilogy I believe. There is a 1.5 short story that is available on e-book, Destroy Me. The second in the series has just been released- Unravel Me, on the waiting list for that one.
This series started out good but it is turning into the Xmen. We'll see how it goes.







View full imageNotorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich. The 19th in the Stephanie Plum series. It was better than 18. Worth a giggle.









Well that's the end of January.  Give them a try.  I'll update February soon so the posts aren't so onerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment