Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Big Read for 2013

Heather (that's me) the Children's Programmer here at the library has joined the 100 Book Celebration!

I keep track of all the books I read during the year (memory is going) and seeing as it is Sylvan Lake's 100th Birthday and the library is joining the celebration by having a 100 Book Challenge for 2013, I have decided to share with you my reading for the year.
From the get go I will warn you that I read mostly light fluffy stuff: lots of paranormal, young adult and female authors.
Let's start then.  This past week I read the first two books of a trilogy.
View full imageUnearthly by Cynthia Hand





View full imageHallowed by Cynthia Hand





This is a young adult trilogy. The third book is out, I'm on the waiting list.  It is about angels, angel-bloods (part human part angel) and dark wings (fallen angels). The newest craze is angels. This is a mediocre series, there are a lot of loose ends that I hope get picked up in the final book. Not a bad read.  Romance and teenagers, a little drama and death.

I will be posting the books I have read already this year in a future post.  I think I am at book 16.

Join the challenge!  
The Big Read is a fabulous way to celebrate our centennial.

No comments:

Post a Comment